How do I know I can trust you?
Basically, you don't! But...I am police-checked and
can provide many references from satisfied customers. However, we believe the best judge of
character is you and your pets, so let me come and meet you, and you can make up your own mind.
Are you insured?
Yes, we are fully insured with specialist pet care insurer Cliverton.
Can I meet you before I decide to book visits?
Absolutely, you (and your pets!) may well want to check us out before deciding.
Just give us a ring.
If I decide to book visits, what happens next?
We will come and visit you and your pets in your own home to discuss
exactly what you would like and let us familiarise ourselves with your pets' environment. A small amount
of paperwork and, hey presto, you're booked in our diary.
Do you charge extra for Bank Holidays?
For home visits:
Christmas Day - charged double.
Bank Holidays and Easter Sunday - charged at an extra 50%
What happens to my keys after I've handed them over to you?
Your keys will be kept locked in our safe which is only accessible by us,
and with no
visible identification of yours against them.
What if there's an emergency whilst I'm away?
Don't worry, we'll deal with it! We always ask for an emergency contact,
your mobile phone number, or someone else's details. On the off-chance that there is some kind of
problem, we will attempt to get in touch with your emergency contact for advice, but if we can't
get through straight away, we'll take whatever action we would do for our own pets and home.
My pets require a late evening visit. Will that be a problem?
The latest we will finish a visit is 6pm. If you specifically request a visit after
6pm, we would apply a 50% out-of-hours supplement to the price of that visit.
What measures do you have in place to stop the spread of Coronavirus?
In line with government guidance, the following hygiene and safety measures are adhered to during my visits:
- Handles, surfaces and anything else touched, are cleaned with pet-friendly disinfectant.
- My movements around your home are kept to a bare minimum.
- I use my own eco-friendly compostable bags for waste and these are disposed in outdoor bins.
- Hands are sanitised a minimum of 4 times per visit, including before / after entering a property and before / after exiting.
- Paper notes and invoices are not left and communication is made via text, email and telephone instead.
- Owners are asked to leave their pet supplies in one easily accessible area.
- Any welcome or general visits to pet owners will be made in accordance with government social distancing guidelines